See mormon.org/missionary-work to learn more about LDS missions.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Correria!

Querida Familia-

Wow, wow wow this week was nutso busy. And I got sooooo many phone calls. The transfer was on Tuesday, so Monday we spent getting stuff ready in the office and on Tuesday we were in the office the whole day to give training to the new missionaries and trainers, verify that everyone got to their new areas, then had to plan our training for the Leadership counsel. On Wednesday, we had our first zone meeting of the transfer (which we held in the chapel that is upstairs from the office. On Thursday morning we came to the office again to finish our training with the Sister Leaders (Sister Doyle and Sister Rocha), on Friday we had Leadership Counsel. And every Sunday we have to come to the office to get the numbers. So that comes out to about 3 days we actually were able to work in our area. And every single day but Saturday we had to go to the office.

But it was amazing to see that the Lord really helps us and knows our circumstances. We were able to teach more wonderful people and had some powerful experiences. We have some awesome investigators, some of whom need to get married but I'm sure it'll all work out. 

I tried talking English a few times.... one day I said the phrase "speshical musical number...." It's better to stick to Portuguese for the time being.

Yesterday at church, there was a lady visiting who knew where Wenatchee is! She lived in Olympia for 2 years. First Brazilian that I've talked to here who's been to Wenatchee... it made me happy :) 

At the Counsel, President and Sister gave awesome trainings. In President's, he talked about how every new missionary in their first interview says that they came on the mission to help other people, and that missionaries with problems have simply lost sight of that focus... if we're struggling, we need to think about our focus. Are we really trying to serve others? To serve the Lord? In Doctrine and Covenants, the Lord first refers to Joseph Smith as "my servant," later as "my friend," and lastly as "my son." All of us are first servants, then we can become friends of the Lord. But only after trials and dedicated perseverance does he grant us the honor of being one of His children. I hope that one day I'll be able to deserve that title, and I know that we can use His Atonement to get there. So if we haven't yet, let's start on that journey today.

Estou feliz, cansado, mas muito animado!

Love you all!

Elder Merrill

They're so small!
They made a statue of me!
Elder Mount next to Elder Millaqueo hahahaha
A member who went to General Conference in Salt Lake brought me back Twizzler

No comments:

Post a Comment