See mormon.org/missionary-work to learn more about LDS missions.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Andando e andando

Hello fam!

This week... we walked a bit more. I'm just trying to teach Elder Ruzi early on in his mission that he should value more his small future areas haha.... 

I don't know why, but it seems like missionaries are magnets for crazy people... they seem to be the only people that stop to talk to us haha The problem isn't finding people to talk to us, but people that understand and want to hear our message... Good thing the members are helping us out. We had a lunch where one irmã invited some friends, and tomorrow we'll go to their house to teach them. Another night another member did a family home evening and invited the neighbors. These are simple things just for people to see that we're normal people too! But they make all the difference.

Saturday night I got a call 10:30pm from one of the bishop's couselors saying "you are the lucky winner! You were selected to give a talk tomorrow in Sacrament meeting!" So I gave a talk haha. I love speaking in church. It was wonderful because this time I had 11 hours to prepare, as opposed to my last talk last month when I walked in to the chapel and had 5 minutes to prepare haha.

During church yesterday the primary president pulled us out of class and had us go to the primary room. The kids sang "I hope they call me on a mission" and gave us drawings of missionaries that they drew.... it was pretty stinking adorable.
 
I hope you all had a happy Easter! I sure did. I didn't even remember easter was coming up until Tuesday... but I hope you all could spend time with family remembering the why.... That He rose from the dead! I love serving and representing Jesus Christ. He lives, and He loves us more than we know!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
Elder Merrill

We did a family home evening with a member who made pizza for us in the pizza oven... I ate more than a whole pizza by myself hahaha
Several members gave us boxes of chocolates for easter, giving us a total of 4 haha.... they're just so sweet:)

No comments:

Post a Comment