See mormon.org/missionary-work to learn more about LDS missions.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Templo

Querida fam bam

We walked a whole lot this week. Like, a lot. I'm learning a lot about humility, patience, and faith in this area. There aren't a whole lot of results, but we are doing our best, and I know the Lord is watching over us every day.

Elder Ruzi's birthday was this week, and I planned 3 different surprise parties for him... he found out about only one beforehand haha. I told him we were going to contact Jefferson, a reference, Thursday night and we showed up at a member's house and he got super confused until they brought out cake and we started singing hahaha.... Afterwards he asked me if the Jefferson actually existed. Unfortunately, he wasn't actually a real person, but hey, free cake.

We had an awesome experience on Tuesday with an investigator who's working to make huge changes in his life. He has lots of obstacles, but the spirit was super strong as we taught him the Restoration. He accepted our invite to do a church tour the next night. As we toured the church building explaining about the restored church of Jesus Christ, he was astounded and intrigued. We entered the chapel and explained about the sacrament and he said he felt a strong peace within him and asked if he could say a prayer. It was one of the sincerest prayers I've heard in my life, and I was deeply marked by his good heart. He still hasn't come to church yet, but I've seen the great progress he's had in his life since we first started meeting with him, and it's amazing.

Saturday was one of the best days of my mission. Larissa We left our house before 6am to catch the bus to São Paulo. We arrived at the temple 10am to participate in the session that a member from Jardim Odete was getting her endowment. In the session I saw a member from Penha. Afterwards in the hall, I saw some members from Mooca. Then after eating lunch, Larissa (from Cohab Juscelino) got there. I saw people from all of my past areas. It was super cool. But the best part was being able to watch Larissa pass through the temple and receive her endowment. In 2 weeks, we're going to watch her be married for time and all eternity to a wonderful returned missionary in the São Paulo temple. What a blessing to be able to see the difference and light in her. It's an amazing privelege to see such a miracle. I love the temple.

Much love to you all too!
Elder Merrill

Feliz birthday boy 
Surprise!
We tried contacting an old investigator... this was where we ended up

*cue Gollum voice* "The staiiiiiirs!" (the pic doesn't show, but the stairs in the background are really steep and long
Me: "Nooooo I'm tired of walking... just leave me here to die"
Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment