See mormon.org/missionary-work to learn more about LDS missions.

Monday, April 24, 2017

The last transfer...... :O

Hey fam!

So tomorrow is the transfer and looks like we'll be staying again! I'm happy because I didn't want to leave Guará nor Elder Ruzi, so we're good. However, we will be in trio, and Elder Foniciello is coming to help us out. I already know him, so it should be a fun and productive transfer:)

Our week was great. Taught some new investigators, walked a fair amount, met more less actives, We had a great Zone Conference on FridayWe had a sweet ward activity on Friday which I forgot to take pics and video of..... :( But it was a hoot, the members loved it. 

Today for P-day we went to Aparecida, a catholic tourist town that has a huge sanctuary (church) (google it) with Elder Ferreira and Shamo and some members... It was awesome! We took a bunch of pics, ate some food, bought some cheap souvenirs.... Tudo de bom:)

But the best part of the week was Thursday. We went to the São Paulo temple, to attend Larissa's sealing. Beforehand I stopped in the Area Brasil office (right by the temple) to see Bispo Guilherme, from Mooca. It was great to see him, and he gave me an update on how things are going. Then in front of the temple, I looked up to see... Elder David! I mean, David. He finished his mission in December but came for the sealing. It was fun to see him again. When we entered the waiting room, I saw others from Cohab Juscelino! The sealing ceremony was simple, but wonderful and very powerful. The Spirit was very strong, and more than anything else I felt a deep gratitude to Heavenly Father that I was able to witness the marvellous occurence of one of His children finding, accepting, and developing in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I felt grateful that He let me have this chance while I still am in Brazil. The gospel truly changes lives. I love my Savior for the chance to represent Him in announcing these glad tidings, and seeing His marvellous blessings.

I love you all!

Elder Merrill

The sign says: "Stop, look, listen" .... to the missionaries!
Selamento de Larissa e Maicon 20/04/2017

Our p-day adventures in Aparecida! (below)







No comments:

Post a Comment