See mormon.org/missionary-work to learn more about LDS missions.

Monday, April 4, 2016

CONFERENCE WEEK

So this week was pretty stinking awesome.

But I'll start with the not-so-awesome.

First, we're still taking cold showers. Fun stuff, but I'm learning to not sing-scream as I enter the cold water.

Remember that super cool couple I mentioned we were going to get married? So they called Monday night saying "we don't want to go to the cartório tomorrow, it's too rushed and we want more time to prepare..." Basically ruined our hearts. We went to bed super sad. But later in the week we went to teach them and try and help them more. The lesson was super awesome, and after them talking about what they wanted, I felt prompted to ask if they'd asked the Lord what He wanted. They said no and committed to pray for guidance and to come to General Conference and maybe get their answer there.

But then they didn't show up, nor did they answer their phone. We were heartbroken again. 

In fact, none of the 8 people who committed to come to conference showed up, even when we went before to pick them up. It was a lil rough. But oh well, it happens. As Elder Cristofferson taught us, we need opposition in this life, otherwise we're colorless, shapeless, tasteless, meaningless blobs. That was the gist of the message I got. 

But fortunately the good parts of the week far outweighed the bad. First of all, WE GOT TO GO TO THE CAMPINAS TEMPLE. It was so nice to have the opportunity to be in a session in the Lord's house. We rented a bus with the Mogi das Cruzes Zone, which is where Elder Hughes is. We spent the 2 hours there and back telling funny mission stories and trading what lessons we've learned and are learning. Great day.

We had a sweet Mission Leadership Council on Friday with all the Zone Leaders and Sister Leaders, and I learned a bunch from the trainings. President Silcox and Sister Silcox are just so cool.

Also, don't think I forgot about April Fools Day... Though I couldn't prank any of you, I made do with my current resources. I called lots of people in the zone, telling them that at the leadership counsel President Silcox announced that the time for mission service was going to be extended to 3 years for Elders, and 2 years for Sisters... Ah, it was soooooooo funny to hear all of their reactions as they totally fell for it. Don't worry, they all figured it out eventually.

And last of all, of course, General Conference. I got to watch most of it in English, and it was sooo uplifting. We also got permission to stay up late and watch the Priesthood Session, which starts at 9 pm here. I loved all of the talks and can't wait for the Conference Liahona to come out! I love this Church, because we are truly led by inspired leaders, a Prophet and Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Have a marvellous week, I love you all!
Elder Merrill

General Conference with Zona Itaquá!
This is the cat that likes to visit us... It just walks in the door with us, and sometimes jumps in through an open window haha.... it's super cute and playful

A bucketfull of kitty
Temple with avó Barroso

Parcial reunion of district 27-A from the MTC with Sister Kinnaman and Elder Hughes! I love seeing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment