See mormon.org/missionary-work to learn more about LDS missions.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Aqui na Mooca

Fam-

Another busy week!

The first few days were full of appointments falling through and nobody wanting to listen to us, but from Thursday on we saw some really cool miracles. Like a less active that stopped us on the street a few weeks ago that let us start teaching her daughter... the daughter didn't come to church yesterday, but the less active did!

On Wednesday we did an activity with all the missionaries in the zone and youth in the stake. We went to the monument marking the place where Brazil declared independence (it was also Brazil's independence day) to talk with people about family history and hand out FamilySearch pamphlets... it was really cool to see people open up when they talked about their families and to see the youth have experiences with sharing gospel principles.

On Saturday night there was a going-away party for a Sister who's leaving to serve her mission in Argentina. I thought about how it was right before I left on the mission, and realized how much I've learned and changed. I still am full of weaknesses, but a year and 2 months serving the Lord full-time has given me so many chances to be better and so many experiences I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. I know that the gospel is true and that it works. I've seen it change lives, and it's constantly changing mine. I hope that you all feel the same way. If not, ask the missionaries to share what they have, and they can help you feel what I feel. You'll never regret it.

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Elder's Quorum activity on Saturday.... churrasco. Aw yeah.
So the secretaries have a new hobby.... crocheting hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment