See mormon.org/missionary-work to learn more about LDS missions.

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Birthday 'Murica!

Happy 4th everybody! 

Though I'd forgotten until last Friday when somebody told me that Monday would be Independence Day, that didn't kill my festivity this morning. At 6:32 I called the americans in the Zone and wished them a good 4th, then called some other americans and sang the Star Spangled Banner to them, then Elder Bush called me to blast the Mormon Tabernacle Choir version of the National Anthem, and Elder Hughes called to sing me "You're a grand ol' flag." Anyone extra inspired today can study 1 Nephi 13 about the prophesied necessity of the US and mark it using only red, white, or blue colored pencils (Yes, white colored pencil. You never use it for anything else anyways). Enjoy the fireworks and send me pics next week, I won't be seeing any here, unless there's a soccer game (they do use fireworks for those, and you can usually tell who's winning based on the flashes and bangs haha)

So moving from America to Brasil, this week was another great one. We did a division Wednesday with another area and then that night went to the Assistant's area for a division with them. Friday was Leadership Council so we stayed 2 nights with Elder Barroso and Elder Santana, which was super fun! I loved the day I spent with Elder Barroso, remembering our too-short 5-week transfer together in Jardim Odete. 

At the Counsel, the sister AP's presented a new "6-week planning" that we'll begin doing in the misson at the beginning of each transfer to have an even larger vision of what we can accomplish and how in each 6-week period. Also, it'll give more direction to weekly planning and make it a lot easier to keep track of things. I think it's cool.

Well, that's about it for this week 

I love you all and make good choices:)

Elder Merrill

They traded the lock on the gate at the church building in which we usually have our District Meetings.... This is Elder Beatty attempting to hop the fence, but gave up when the little points put a hole in his shoe.... I managed to get over and pressed the button from the inside to let everyone in. Only cut my hand a little on the pointy things.... good thing I got a tetanus shot!

Penha Zone shirts! (the scripture is "Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them" 3 Nephi 14:20

Division with the Assistants!

Afterwards I made cookies with Elder Barroso

No comments:

Post a Comment